Chin Augmentation, Dubai Aesthetics
Professor Dr. Ashok Govila
Double Chin of small size is caused by excessive fat under the skin and this can be sucked out by liposuction.Sucking the fat out from the body using a machine is possible without giving any marks. This restores the desired shape of the body when performed by the masters in the field.
This method is also used for lateral projections on the sides of buttocks (trochanteric area), love handles, scapular fold, hips, waist, arms, and thighs. Over arms, thighs and tummy it’s often combined wit removal of excessive skin and then the procedure is called brachioplasty and thighplasty, and abdominoplasty respectively. Liposuction alone does not require hospitalization unless the fat sucked out is more then 3 liters and is combined with other procedures. One can go to work in 5 days` time. One area of body like one side lower abdomen is charged a 5000 to 7000 dirham as package deal.
Larger double chin lifts require additional surgical work where by the lax muscles are tightened. Then the goes up to cost 12000 to 15000 UAE Dirham including all expenses ,depending upon the severity of the problem.
A retruded and small chin is caused by fracture at the neck of jaw usually caused by falling in childhood being a direct fall on the chin. This will slowly decrease the mouth opening and individual has a functional and aesthetic problem. These individuals are treated with TM Joint arthroplasty and Chin advancement ( either by mandibular osteotomy or by silicon chin implants). Some results are shown below.
How to Prepare for Surgery: To prepare for surgery both physically and mentally, consult Professor Dr. Ashok Govila so you’ll know what to expect before the operation, the day of the surgery, and afterward:
• Surgical consultation. You’ll meet with the Professor Dr. Ashok Govila to discuss your medical history and the procedure. If you have any questions, ask at this time so you understand what the procedure will entail and what to expect from the recovery period. A medical examination may also be performed at this visit, and preliminary tests may be ordered.
• Pre-surgical visit. Professor Dr. Ashok Govila will go over the final surgery details with you and give you instructions to follow (fasting - nil through your mouth for 8 hours before surgery) the night before your surgery. Inform him the medications you are taking in case you need to stop taking any of them prior to surgery.
• Day of surgery. You will meet with your medical team to go over your medical history and the procedure. The anesthesiologist will explain how the anesthesia works and what effect it will have on you. Double-check that the information on your hospital bracelet is accurate. And if you have prosthetics, wear dentures, or use a hearing aid, be sure to inform your medical team. Inform the team of any drug allergies if you have, if you are diabetic, if you have thyroid problems ,if you smoke, if you have hypertension.
• Discharge after surgery. You will receive instructions on how to take care of yourself, when to have a post-operative appointment, and what prescriptions you may need. You will be provided with medications to be taken for 3 - 5 days after the surgery by the hospital pharmacy. You will need to arrange to have a family member or friend take you home after surgery. Within first 24 hours after surgery one is not allowed to drive.
Prepare for Surgery: Improving Your Outcome
To best prepare for surgery, take these steps in the weeks and days leading up to it:
• If you smoke, stop. It's best to stop smoking at least two weeks before your procedure, but even a few days ahead will help. Inpatient surgery usually requires general anesthesia, and if you stop smoking your lungs will adjust better to the anesthesia. Quitting will also help reduce your risk of infection.
• Medications. Carefully follow all of your surgeon’s instructions regarding if and when you need to stop taking any of your regular medication prior to surgery. People who take blood thinners such as warfarin (sold under Coumadin and other brand names) will likely have to stop before surgery.
• Control your blood pressure. Surgery will be less risky if your blood pressure is at a healthy level. This can be a particular concern for overweight patients. “If you are able to lose weight before your surgery, it may help reduce your blood pressure and make the surgery easier,” professor says.
• Take it easy. Relax and try not to overdo it in the days before your surgery. It’s hard not to be anxious, but if you are well rested and in good shape, you will be better able to withstand the physical toll of surgery. Make sure to sleep well on the night before surgery even if it means taking a small dose 5 mg of tablet valium.
After Surgery: Guidelines
You will be encouraged by Professor Dr. Ashok Govila to get out of bed and move around as soon as you can, since being immobilized can be a cause of deep vein thrombosis. Be sure you know when to resume taking medications that you discontinued prior to surgery, and confirm that they won’t cause a negative interaction with any painkillers you might have been prescribed. Follow all of your doctor’s instructions about what you can or can’t do whether the advice is about having sex, driving a car, taking a bath, or walking up and down stairs. Understand that it may take some time before you can get back to all your normal activities. Continue to watch your diet and keep your weight and your blood pressure in check until you can return to your regular exercise routine. Remember, the better you prepare for surgery, the easier the procedure and your recovery will be.
© Information provided here is for general education about cosmetic plastic surgery procedures. This information is subject to change. dubai-aesthetica.com does not guarantee that it is accurate or complete, and is not responsible for any actions resulting from the use of this information. General information provided in this fashion should not be construed as specific medical advice or recommendation, and is not a substitute for a consultation and physical examination by a physician. Only discussion of your individual needs with a Professor Dr. Ashok Govila will determine the best method of treatment for you.